|MTN Xtra Time – Terms & Conditions
- This service is available for MTN Prepaid Customers only.
- Customers will access the service by dialling *146# every time they wish to borrow airtime.
- Eligible Customers must have been on the MTN network for the past at least 6 months.
- Eligible Customer must have used their SIM card at least once within the past 90 days.
- To access the Xtra Time credit, the customer’s airtime balance must be less than or equal to 239/-.
- Prepaid roaming subscribers will have access to the service, and will have their next recharge reduced by the amount owed.
- The borrowed airtime shall be deducted from the customer’s account on their next Pay as you go airtime loading.
- The credit available is either 500/-, 1,000/-, or 1,500/- maximum.
- To access 500/- and 1,000/- credit airtime, the customer must have consistently loaded and used airtime worth at least 10,000/- over the past 6 months.
- To access 1,500/-credit airtime, the customer must have consistently loaded and used airtime worth at least 15,000/- over the past 6 months.
- The customer shall be charged a fee of 10% off of their Xtra Time credit received. Hence for ever 500/- credit, the customer shall effectively have calling credit of 450/-, for every 1,000 credit, the customer shall effectively have calling credit of 900/-, for every 1,500 credit, the customer shall effectively have calling credit of 1,350/-.
- The Customer cannot borrow any additional airtime until the current airtime debt has been paid back.
- The Xtra Time credit does not have an expiry usage date. It can be used at any time when the customer wishes to use it.
- The customer can use Xtra Time credit to call both MTN and Non-MTN lines.
- The customer cannot transfer the borrowed Xtra Time credit using MTN Me2U.
- The customer qualifies for their active bonuses e.g. Cash Back, 141, etc. with their Xtra Time Credit.
- Customers shall check for their Xtra Time Credit balance using the code *146*4#
- MTN reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.