MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Forensic Analyst
Reports to: Manager – Forensics
Main Purpose of the Job
To minimize risk through prevention, detection and investigation of fraud and other non-ethical acts in line with MTN Uganda’s “Zero Tolerance” policy on fraud
The prime responsibilities of this position are:
Required Academic qualifications and Experience
- Analyze facts of investigations and submit timely reports with precise and concise recommendations to management and assist in ensuring implementation of recommended solutions and controls for future improvements.
- To conduct formal recorded interviews with suspects and witnesses in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice.
- To gather, record and securely retain evidence relating to an investigation in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice.
- Build a network of informers who can report on fraud and theft tendencies, which can enable MTN Uganda to reactively and proactively respond.
- To take static and mobile surveillance as required, utilizing covert equipment where appropriate, in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice.
- Liaise closely with Uganda Police and monitor cases handed over to them for court processes ensuring that exhibits used in court are returned to MTN Uganda.
- When required and duly authorized, assist the police in the search of premises, questioning of suspects, including interviewing suspects at police stations.
- Liaising and working with the Criminal Investigations Department and the Directorate of Public Prosecutions. Occasionally attend and give evidence in court with a view of having fraudsters prosecuted.
- To maintain an up to date working knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as the code of conduct and disciplinary procedures policy.
- Positively assist the Manager Forensics with monthly reports on fraud and manage all fraud information received.
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all the duties of the position.
- To organize and prioritize workload and to undertake other duties consistent with the purpose of the position.
- Escalation of investigation issues and risks to the head of forensic services.
- Liaison with revenue assurance, Internal audit, risk management and both physical & information security management
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Computing.
- A Certified fraud examiner qualification.
- At least 2 years progressive hands on experience/skills.
- Past experience in loss control procedures and applications will be an added advantage
- Exposure and good understanding of general telecom operations.
- Experience with the Uganda police and or any other relevant organizations.
- Previous investigative experience is beneficial, as is an enquiring mind and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good knowledge of criminal law, and the criminal justice system would be ideal.
- The maturity to cope with potentially aggressive situations
- Sound knowledge of commercial practices and administrative policies will be desirable.
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, not later than Monday September 29, 2014
Note: While our company appreciates your interest in working with us, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Mature person with the highest degree of integrity and honesty
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Sound environmental awareness
- Quick problem solving and decision making
- Knowledge of MS Office packages
- Highly Independent in mind
- Ability to handle diversity and embrace change
- Demonstrate innovation through recommendations and questioning and challenging existing procedures.