Engineer IT Applications Support
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the vacant Position of;
Job Title: Engineer IT Applications Support
Reports to: Manager Uganda Applications
Main purpose of the job:- To be responsible for the overall support and maintenance of selected End user Applications.
The prime responsibilities of this position are:
The applicant must possess the following;
- Provide first and second level support for all responsible Applications.
- Resolve incidents raised within service level agreement.
- Fulfill Service requests within service level agreement.
- Interface with vendors for 3rd level support of responsible systems.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Document workflow processes i.e configurations, concepts and process flows.
- Work with vendor’s during designing; developing and installing application enhancements and upgrades.
- Contribute to re-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Carry out any other assignments as given by IT Hub management.
Required skills and attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Systems Information/Statistics or related field.
- Strong functional knowledge of information Systems.
- Knowledge in Computer Data Networks (LAN/WAN).
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: the Human Resources Manager IT Shared Services, MTN plot 77 Yusuf Lule road opposite Garden City Shopping Mall by Friday 15th November 2013 5:00 pm.
Note: While our company appreciates your interest in working with us, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Be ready to work beyond office hours.
- Good communication, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Team work and relationship building skills.
- Good analytical skills as well as high levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people with diverse cultures.