MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Engineer III-IP/MPLS
Reports to: Senior Specialist IP/MPLS
Main Purpose of the Job
To run direct customer/client support, customer projects designs & implementation, handle IP access work order provisioning and troubleshooting of fixed access Internet, L2/L3VPNs provided to business customers and other service providers, through MTN’s Multi-Service IP/MPLS, broadband and metro-Ethernet infrastructure network and working with the sales team to expedite backend routing access and bandwidth provisioning and through enterprise/corporate customer support visits, this resource ensures an ever improving customer IP solutions delivery and support experience
The prime responsibilities of this position are:
The applicant must possess the following
- Be responsible for all fault resolution efforts, operations, testing, and implementing core/edge routers, switches, firewalls, interconnections, configurations and software updates on IP/MPLS networks including PoPs, Regional Switching centers, DCNs & Data center WAN/LANs.
- Continuously test, evaluate and improve IP/MPLS Networks' Management Processes and Disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintain and support complex bespoke customer MPLS network solutions as well as Bulk internet customers.
- Work with technical teams at IXPs, MTN Group and Upstream Internet Uplinks providers and partners to resolve issues and offer proactive technical support.
- Coordinate transmission network activities that would affect IP/MPLS connectivity for the POPs and Switching centers.
- Support revenue assurance processes and efforts to ensure correct charging for services as well as total delivery of information necessary for charging to the consumer depts.
- Manage Perimeter network Firewall security for MTN’s triple play application layer (voice, video and data services)
- Evaluate vendor product offerings, and contribute to high level network planning strategy.
- Ensuring assigned service desk tasks and support issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Update accurate inventory and standardized network diagrams and support accreditation efforts.
- Prepares network users (internal and external) by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support through workshops and boot camps.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations like ISACA
- Identify opportunities for improvement in Service delivery processes and manage customer projects for better experience/results.
- BSc Electrical or Telecoms, Data Communications or Computer Science Degree or its equivalent.
- Business Processes Framework training (ITIL) great advantage
- Carrier IP/SP networks certifications, & systems administration training.
- Above 3 years of proven operations/customer support experience of IP/MPLS networks & WiMAX, Metro-Ethernet Access for Fixed\Mobile internet, Wi-Fi network, Broadband services
- Detailed knowledge of IP Routing/ BRAS based protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS and IPv6 Basics
- Network security implementation/management experience
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, not later than Monday, January 22, 2015
Note: While our company appreciates your interest in working with us, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- High levels of Integrity
- Good teamwork and relationship building skills
- Must have high customer focus orientation
- Strategic and business goals orientation
- A self-starter and always taking initiative
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate under pressure
- Networking skills