Manager Business Analyst
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the vacant Position of;
Reports to: Senior Manger & Architecture
Main purpose of the job:- is to articulate business ideas; suggestions and problems in technology terms and develop business cases to convert them into deliverable solutions.
The prime responsibilities of this position are:
The applicant must possess the following technical/academic qualifications:
- Perform Business Analysis on IT product development projects in line with the agreed business methodology and business architecture guidelines
- Review and understand system functionality applicable to each project
- Input into identifying ways to fine tune systems in line with changing work practices
- Determine, document, and review user requirements for all projects
- Review requirements, determine objectives and risks and issues and update URS for the competency center functional design.
- Review technical specifications to ensure user and functional requirements are met
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Science / Commercial)
- Business Analysis methodology
- Business architecture knowledge
- Business knowledge
- Financial modelling knowledge
- Process design , re-engineering & mapping knowledge
- Requirements elicitation and management
- Systems design and re-engineering
- Systems knowledge specifically financial systems
- Understanding of MTN OPCO processes
Required Skills and attributes
- 5 years business analysis and business optimization experience, in process driven environments; system implementation experience in the telecommunication, service, supply chain and/or sales environment; process mapping tool experience; business case development experience
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: the Human Resources Manager IT Shared Services, MTN plot 77 Yusuf Lule road opposite Garden City Shopping Mall by Thursday 2nd May 2014 5:00 pm.
Note: While our company appreciates your interest in working with us, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Be ready to work beyond office hours.
- Good communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Team work and relationship building skills
- Good analytical skills as well as high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work with people with diverse cultures.