MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Brand Manager
The positions report to the Senior Manager – Brand & Communications
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the overall development and execution of the MTN Brand Communications initiatives to the market place in order to promote awareness and positive imagery for the purpose of customer retention and continued growth of the company.
Prime responsibilities of the positions:
Required Academic qualifications and Experience
- End to end agency management of Internal, Brand, CSR and Sponsorship/Events plans
- Follow-up briefs with the respective managers and get approval of briefs from the Senior Manager – Brand & Communications
- To ensure MTNU advertising complies with Group CI
- Participate in the identification of suitable third party suppliers, in consultation with the Senior Manager - Brand & Communications, advertising agency and the procurement team. d. Put in place remedial action in case of non-performance.
- Understand and ensure compliance to MTN Uganda’s approval processes were applicable
- Implement Internal, Brand, CSR and Sponsorship/Events plans incl. management of the communication calendar
- Implement agreed activities and launches as per the approved guidelines.
- Continually monitor and evaluate own performance against set implementation plan and targets.
- Ensuring achievement of set targets
- Continuously come up with new ideas
- Create and maintain a dynamic and consistent brand positioning, image and presence within MTN, the Brand, the Brand’s CSR initiatives and Sponsorships/Events
- Make brand MTN tangible by giving expression to its positioning statement and essence within audiences.
- Compliment the Advertising Manager in driving overall advertising agency performance
Additional knowledge and experience requirements:
- A business degree (or its equivalent) with a bias to marketing and/or communication
- Possess between 2 to 3 years marketing experience in a competitive FMCG environment.
- Previous exposure working with/for advertising agencies
- Proficient with MS Office applications especially Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Telecom Products and Services, processes and systems
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role in a telecommunication environment
- Brand Management
- Customer Care Training
- Public Relations
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
- Must have a strong sense of attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Resilient & capable of working long hours
- Organizational, inter-personal and co-ordination skills
- Must be organized and process oriented
- Must be organized, self-motivated and should have initiative
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, not later than Monday April 07, 2014.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.