MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Risk Manager
The positions report to the GM-Business Risk Management
Main Purpose of the Job
Prime responsibilities of the positions:
- To assist management with the implementation of proper risk management processes in the company.
- Provide assurance to executive management and the board audit committee on adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and revenue assurance activities within MTN Uganda.
Required Academic qualifications and Experience
- Providing a central source of information and guidance on risk management for operational and strategic effectiveness
- Encouraging and creating awareness of risk management throughout MTN Uganda.
- Ensuring consistency in evaluation and reporting of risks throughout MTN to facilitate comparability at an organization level.
- Offer a monitoring and oversight role for management regarding the status of risk and risk management processes in MTN Uganda.
- Assisting management to improve on risk management processes by supporting the risk identification and assessment process within the organization.
- Assisting in the compilation and co-ordination of risk reports to top management and board committees.
- Facilitating and driving risk management projects leading to the effective management of MTN Uganda’s strategic risks.
- Provide assistance in ensuring that ownership for risk management is fully accepted and driven in business by risk champions.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Risk Management Team (RMT) and act as secretary to the team
- Ensure that MTN group risk management methodology and related tools are actively used in the identification, assessment and categorization of risk events and scenarios.
- In conjunction with the risk champions, ensure that identified controls for the top 10 risks are satisfactorily incorporated in the company’s annual business plans and budgets
- Maintain the company’s risk register and ensure continuous update and reporting of status to management i.e. track action plans and report status to EXCO, CEO and audit committee.
- Prepare monthly Revenue Assurance (RA) review reports summarizing results of all revenue assurance activities leading to mitigation of the revenue loss risk.
- Through participation in the Revenue Assurance Team (RAT) ensure that RA activities are adequate to manage the revenue loss risk.
- Report on regular basis to the Head of Business Risk Management on risk and revenue assurance assignments.
- Assist the Head of Business Risk Management in the preparation of Audit Committee papers
- A University degree
- Possession of an auditing qualification (CIA, CISA etc) and or professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CPA etc) would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of auditing/risk consulting experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an international organization.
- Proficient in use of the company standard software: Excel, Word, Power points; MS projects, Access, etc.
- A thorough understanding of telecommunication business processes, products, services and overall business.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of telecommunications and information systems would be of a comparative advantage
- Proficiency in the use of auditing and risk management software
- Knowledge of telecom business and changes in business and regulatory environments
- Project Management abilities, including team selection and management, escalation of issues, analytical thinking and lateral creativity
- Honesty and integrity
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Independent attitude and team spirit.
- Consistent demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Working under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, not later than Thursday February 27, 2014.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.