Send Money to MTN Rwanda
You can now send money to MTN Rwanda customers directly from your MTN Mobile Money number to an MTN Rwanda customer. The customer should have MTN Mobile Money active.
To send money follow the steps below;
- Dial *165#, select option 1 – Send
- Select option 6 – MTN Rwanda
- Enter the MTN Rwanda customer
- Then the amount in UGX
- You will get a transaction summary which includes the fee, the forex rate and the amount in Rwandan Francs that will be received.
- Enter PIN to confirm
- Customers who intend to send money to Rwanda will pay a fee of 5000 shillings + 5% of the amount being sent.
- At launch, MTN is offering customers a 50% discount on the transaction fee for a limited period of time. This means, customers will pay 2500/- plus 2.5% on every amount they send.
See example below
|Amount to Send||Fee (2500 + 2.5%)||Fee|
|300,000||2500 + 7,500||10,000|
|1,000,000||2500 + 25,000||27,500|
Receive Money from MTN Rwanda
You can receive money from MTN Rwanda customers directly onto your MTN Uganda Mobile Money account.
The MTN Rwanda customer sending money to Uganda should follow these simple steps below;
- Dial *830#,
- Enter Receiving number (+2567xxxxxxxx)
- Enter amount
- A message with amount and forex exchange details is shared.
- Press 1 to confirm
The sender will receive a message prompting approval of the transaction.
To approve the transaction a customer dials *182# then My Account then Pending Approvals and then approve amount by entering the Mobile Money PIN.