Move with your TV on your phone everywhere you go!
MTN TV bundles is a custom data bundle created to allow to watch video on specific TV apps. Currently MTN Uganda has TV bundles for Kwesé iflix and StarTimes.
StarTimes TV bundles are promotional data bundles which MTN has created for customers to use specifically when watching Star Times content on the Startimes App. The bundles are listed below:
Frequently Asked Questions – Star Times TV Bundle
What is the benefit of the Star Times TV bundles?
How do I activate a Star Times TV bundle?
What does it mean when it says it is a time bundle?
When I activate a TV bundle, when does the time start to count down?
Does the timing only work when I am using Star Times or even when I am not?
Is there any other validity linked to the TV bundles?
What happens if I activate another time bundle before the one I have has expired?
Can I accumulate more than 24 hours of time bundles?
No. The total bundles activated will not exceed a total of 24 Hours. Where the total bundles being activated can accumulate a total of more than 24 hours, the last bundle activation attempt will be declined with the appropriate notification.
Can I share my TV bundle via Me2U?
Can I activate a TV bundle for someone else?
How do I know the balance left on my StarTimes bundle?
How do I know that I am using my Star Times bundle and not my normal data bundle?
DSTV Now Bundle – What you need to know.
1. What are DSTV Now bundles?
These are promotional data bundles which MTN has created for customers to use specifically when watching DSTV content on the DSTV Now app. The bundles are listed below:
2. What is the benefit of the DSTV Now bundles?
Video content uses a lot of data to stream/watch/download. The DSTV Now bundles are cheaper compared to normal data bundles making it more affordable to watch StarTimes content. With the DSTV Now bundles, you get to watch all you want to watch for a specific period e.g. 2 hours without fearing that you will run out of data
3. How do I activate a DSTV Now bundle?
Dial *165*82# and Select DSTV Now then follow the instructions
4. What does it mean when it says it is a time bundle?
Unlike normal bundles, where as a user you track your usage based on volume of data/MBs used, with time bundles you don't worry about MBs. You track your usage by time e.g. so if you want to watch a football match, you buy a 2-hour and never worry about running out of data mid-way your viewing.
5. When I activate a TV bundle, when does the time start to count down?
The timer starts when after buying the bundle, you log into the DSTV Now App. It goes on for as long as you are accessing the DSTV Now app whether browsing, streaming content or downloading it.
6. Does the timing only work when I am using DSTV Now or even when I am not?
The timing only references the total time spent consuming content on the DSTV Now app e.g. if you buy a 2-hour bundle and watch for 10 minutes then stop, the time counter stops. When you come back later and watch for another 20 minutes and stop, your total time used will be 30 minutes. This goes on until your total usage is equal to 2 hours, then the bundle expires.
7. Is there any other validity linked to the TV bundles?
Yes. The bundles will expire with 24 hours. In other words, any bundle you buy must be used within 24 hours of buying it. Thereafter, it expires automatically whether used up or not.
8. What happens if I activate another time bundle before the one I have expired?
In that case you get additional time on your data bundle. The total time is cumulated, and the expiry of your data is based on the last bundle activated e.g. if you activate a 2-hour bundle at 1pm and use 30 minutes of it. Then you activate another 2-hour bundle at 4pm, then you will have a total of 3 hours and 30 minutes time and expiry of your data will be at 4pm the following day.
9. Can I accumulate more than 24 hours of time bundles?
10. Can I share my DSTV Now bundle via Me2U?
No, this is not possible.
11. Can I activate a DSTV Now bundle for someone else?
Yes. Dial *165*82#ok and select option 2.
12. How do I know the balance left on my DSTV Now bundle?
Dial *131# or dial *160*2*2#, select Music and Video and then select the Bundle whose balance you'd like to check.
13. How do I know that I am using my DSTV Now bundle and not my normal data bundle?
When you activate a DSTV Now TV bundle, whenever you are logged into the DSTV Now app your usage of the TV bundle is automatically shown. If you don't have an active TV bundle, your usage is automatically on your normal data bundle. Note that your DSTV Now bundle is ONLY used for DSTV Now app, any other sites you visit will use your normal data bundle.
14. When am roaming am I able to use or access the Dstv App?
No prepaid roaming customers shall not be able use the DSTV data bundles while roaming
It will only apply when they are back on the home network.
15. When using the DSTV data bundle and am still streaming will my normal data bundle get consumed?
Yes, if the DSTV data bundle is expired or used up and customer is still streaming normal data bundle will be consumed, but if the DSTV data bundle has not expired or used up The DSTV data bundle takes priority over the normal data bundle.
16. What is the difference between the DSTV data bundles and the normal data bundles?
The difference between the two, the DSTV data bundles are time based unlike the normal data bundles, Dstv data bundles are designed for streaming unlike the normal data bundles.
17. Can I use the normal data bundles for streaming?
Yes, one can use the normal data bundles for streaming
18. How or to whom do I escalate to incase of any customer issues or failures?
19. What devices are compatible with Dstv Now?
20. What Smart TVs that are compatible with Dstv Now App?
21. What browsers can I use to stream movies/ series online?