About MTN Ace Skilling
The MTN Foundation has launched a youth skilling program aimed at equipping the youth with the right practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to provide innovative ICT solutions to solve community problems amidst the evolving digital world.
The program will focus on skills that will drive co-creation of innovative digital products and solutions to solve Uganda’s biggest problems in Education, Youth Empowerment, Health and Agriculture. It will be implemented in partnership with Ubunifu systems, a software development and ICT innovation firm.
How will the program work?
- A call for application will be put out via MTN digital channels and100 successful applicants will be selected to join the program for each cycle.
- The chosen 100 will be paid for to study and acquire the International Computer Driver’s License (ICDL) certificate and only those that will have successfully acquired this certificate will proceed to the next level.
- The next level will bring the successful candidates together into a 10-week session that will provide hands on training in technical and business skills that will support them identify and define community challenges in the areas of Education, Agriculture, Health and Youth Empowerment.
- The most successful ideas/ solutions to the identified problems will be escalated to the MTN Incubation program where they will receive mentorship and support to deliver a public good ICT solution designed for their community.
YOUTH SKILLING PROGRAM
Who can one apply for the MTN Youth Skilling Program?
This program is for young innovators, youth employed in SMEs, University graduates and youth who are interested in technology for the improvement of their communities across Uganda.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Age: 20 – 35 years
- Academics: Advanced level education certificate
- Photo ID: National ID
- Possess a working email address and a registered MTN SIM Card
On 8th December 2020, MTN Uganda launched an exciting training opportunity for the youth, dubbed the Youth Empowerment Program. This program is aimed at offering technology training to at least 100 youths, in the various areas of their interest as the country embraces the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The response that we got in terms of applications for the program has been overwhelming which is an indication of the desire for many youths out there to take charge.
MTN is happy to announce the below 100 participants as the winners for 2020 Intake. We, take this opportunity to congratulate all the young people that have made it to this prestigious program, and wish them all the best as they undertake this rigorous training which is a critical building block to the country’s growth.
To those who did not make it, we appreciate the bold step you took and we encourage you to continue innovating. There will be more opportunities at a later time as we are still committed to empowering the youth of this country.
|YOUTH SKILLING PROGRAM - SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS|
|#||Applicant's Name||Thematic Area|