The MTN Private APN service enables clients to have their traffic sent from mobile devices (such as POS (point of sale) terminals, bank ATMs and utility meters) to application servers at specific destinations such as bank headquarters, or utility company offices by using a specific APN (Access Point Name).
In addition to applications in telemetry and remote banking, MTN’s Private APN service can also be used for communications in car tracking and fleet management systems, and to provide access to office and other internal applications through a secure connection on MTN’s superior 3G/4G LTE network.
- Easy remote access to corporate documents and applications
- Secure transmission of traffic, as confidential documents are not transmitted through the public internet
- Increased productivity for the mobile sales force, as POS devices can be queried remotely for sales reports, and mobile employees don’t have to go to headquarters to provide reports.
- Easy communication with remote devices such as ATMs, utility meters and car tracking units.
- Various packages available depending on the bandwidth requirements for your remote systems
- With the Private APN, a secure leased line provides access from your office to MTN’s core data network.
- The Public APN is secured by the provision of a Managed Firewall service to protect your network from intrusion.