It’s easy to receive funds and transfer funds out of Uganda
Remittances is the fastest and most cost-effective way for a Mobile Money user to receive funds in Uganda or transfer funds out of Uganda. The funds are received in local currency. With this automated solution, the money is transferred in real-time; when the request hits the system.
- Send or receive money from out of Uganda directly onto your Mobile Money account
- The funds are received by the recipient on a Mobile phone
- Remittance charges are met by sender
- MTN Mobile Money recipients are only charged at cash out/withdrawal from their Mobile Money account.
- Recipients using networks out of Uganda might get charged by their host network for receiving MTN Mobile Money transferred to them
- Minimum Transaction Limit is UGX 500/-
- Daily Maximum Transaction Limit is UGX 7,000,000/-
- Account holding limit is UGX 15,000,000/-
How to send money out of Uganda
- To transfer funds out of Uganda, dial *165*1#
- Select recipient country*
- Enter receiver number and amount in UGX
- Confirm sending details, enter PIN and send
*This service is currently available to customers using MTN Rwanda, Safaricom Mpesa, Ecocash Burundi, Tigo and Airtel in Tanzania.