MTN Uganda Limited is disposing of 19 Nissan Double Cabins, 3 Nissan Vans, 1 Toyota Single cabin and 1 Toyota Fortuner and hereby invites interested bidders to attend a Public Auction this Friday 24th July 2020.
Vehicle inspection will take place on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd July 2020 from 9am to 12pm. The auction will take place on Friday 24th July 2020, from 10am to 4pm.
Important to note that ‘not all vehicles’ are in running condition. The vehicles will be sold on ‘as is, where is’ basis on a single day of auction. The successful bidder shall therefore be deemed to have notice that the sale is ‘as is’ and ‘with
all faults.’ The chief auctioneer reserves the right ‘not’ to sell any of the vehicles below the specified reserve price.
MTN Uganda reserves the right to determine the final highest bidder and awarding the vehicle. The final price paid includes VAT.
Eligible bidders will access the vehicle inspection area, after paying a non- refundable fee of UGX 100,000 through MTN MoMoPay, code 605718. To make the payment, dial *165*3*605718# and follow the prompts. No charges included.
Your transaction number will also be used as your reference number that will grant you access to the vehicle inspection area at MTN Headquarters, Plot 69-71 Jinja Road (former BAT). Entrance is strictly through the upper Eastern gate next to Toyota Uganda.
To access the auction area, bidders will have to demonstrate possession of cash of at least UGX 15,000,000.
Winning bidders will be required to pay the total bid price to the MTN CIT service provider within the auction room immediately after the auction. A receipt shall be issued in respect thereof. Cheques and electronic transfers will not be accepted.
The awarded bidders will be allowed to take the vehicle(s) after paying the URA transfer fees, which must be done within 7 days after the auction.
Auction Terms and Conditions.
- All vehicles are sold with no duty to repair – sold “as is”. MTN Uganda shall entertain no claims after the sale. All vehicles are sold without any warranties or guarantees of any kind whatsoever. Please ensure that you have carefully inspected the vehicle you are buying before the auction starts.
- MTN Uganda gives no warranty as to the correctness of date of first registration, year of manufacture and the odometer reading listed on the vehicle to be correct and will not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the description or identification of the vehicles. In making a bid, a bidder shall be deemed to have made themselves fully acquainted with the condition, description, and identification of the vehicle.
- In no event shall the successful bidder or buyer hold MTN Uganda responsible for having made or implied any warranty or merchantability or fitness for any specific purpose.
- Removal of vehicles from MTN premises shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the successful bidder. All vehicles must be removed within the period announced by the auctioneer for each auction. Ownership of vehicles not removed within the announced period will revert to MTN Uganda for resale or disposal, without refund or recourse to the bidder. Vehicles not removed shall be considered abandoned and no refunds shall be issued.
- Announcements made at the time of the sale (during the auction) take precedence over conflicting announcements or postings.
- MTN Uganda reserves the right to withdraw any vehicle from the sale before or during the auction without prior notice.
- Persons attending the preview/inspection period, the auction, or the removal period assume all risks of damage, injury, or loss to their person and/or property, and release MTN Uganda from liability thereof.
- On payment of the full bid price, the risk shall pass from MTN Uganda to the buyer. However, title shall pass from MTN Uganda upon completion of the Uganda Revenue Authority motor vehicle transfer process.
- These rules apply to both bidders and successful bidders (buyers) and the terms and conditions will be deemed to be accepted by either of them, on completion of registration as a bidder.