What is MTN Innovation programme?
It is a 12-month programme that focuses on business development,
advisory services, capacity building and incubation of innovations at
the National ICT Innovation Hub.
The program targets Ugandans with an innovative idea solving real life
problems across all sectors, with specific key priority areas of
Uganda’s Vision2040 – National Development Priorities i.e.,
Agriculture, Tourism & Trade, Minerals & Energy, Health, Education,
Refugee/Host Communities and the Justice, Law, and Order sector.
Who can apply for the MTN Innovation programme?
All applicants must possess the following:
- A digital innovator looking to upskill with programming and
- Any individual who has built or attempted to build a digital
product and are looking to upskill
- An individual that has been a part of team that has built or
attempted to build a digital product and are looking to upskill
- Must be able to commit to the program attendance of at least
- Should be 18 years and above
- Must have access to a laptop and internet
How long is the MTN Innovation Programme
The MTN Innovation Programme will run annually over the next five years and will be conducted in two main cohorts over a period of 9 months:
- Cohort 1- entry level (3 months)
- Cohort 2- advanced level (3 months)
- Coaching Support- for projects (2 moths)
Incubation services/job placement (2 months)