- 1.1 This website, which is accessible at https://www.mtn.co.ug, is made available by Mobile Telephone Networks (Pty) Limited (“MTN”).
2. What is personal information?
- 2.1 In order to provide you with the services offered on this website, you may be required to provide MTN with personal information. Personal information is information which identifies you as an individual, including but not limited to, your nationality, age, contact details, any identifying number assigned to you and any information relating to transactions in which you have been involved.
3. What we collect
- 3.1 On some web pages of this website, you may be requested to provide certain personal information. The types of personal information collected at these pages may include your name, handset details, contact and billing information, and transaction information.
- 3.2 In order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our products and this website, and more detailed contact preferences.
4. How we use your personal information and how we may contact you
- 4.1 MTN uses your information to better understand your needs and to provide you with better service. Specifically, MTN will use your personal information to contact you in relation to the goods and services that MTN provides to you.
- 4.2 MTN reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in and use the various areas of the website, so long as such statistical analyses will not be linked to any registered person by a third party.
- 4.3 Because we don’t want you to miss out on any of the deals and promotions that we may have, and if it is agreeable to you when you register with us or at any other time, we may use your personal information to contact you for market research.
- 4.4 MTN may send you promotional materials or details by SMS, e-mail or post in order to update you and keep you advised of any promotions, news, competitions or developments which we think may be of interest to you. We will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receiving of such direct communications.
- 4.5 Further, notwithstanding any such preference not to receive promotional information by the user, MTN reserves the right to contact the user regarding account status, changes to the terms and conditions and other matters relevant to the underlying services and/or the information collected.
5. Protection of personal information
- 5.1 If you register on this website, we will not make your personal information available to a anyone unless permitted or required to do so by law. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or third parties for their independent use without your consent. We may, however, share your personal information with our affiliates within the MTN Group of companies.
- 5.2 We value the information which you provide to us and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. We will ask for your express permission before we use your personal information for any purpose not disclosed above.
6. Correction of personal information
- 6.1 MTN strives to keep your personal information accurate. We will provide you with access to your personal information and make every effort to provide you with access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information. To protect your privacy, we will also take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information.
- 6.2 You may also update or correct your personal information held by MTN by visiting any MTN service centre.
8. Which laws apply